The news we have been waiting for
Weddings & Events Resume in Dubai
Dubai tourism has confirmed today that weddings and events can resume in Dubai with a number of limitations.
Although maximum capacity numbers have not been stated, there are social distancing regulations in place. This is the news we have all been waiting for. However, it is with utmost importance that we all understand and adhere to the rules that have been put in place.
- Safety precautions remain in place, including wearing masks, regular sanitation, temperature checks on entry, and social distancing.
- Clearly marked separated entry and exit points.
- We are pasting the Banqueting capacity restrictions below:
- Maximum of 4 people per table with a minimum 2m distance between each table
- Maximum of 10 people per table with a minimum 2m distance between each and are encouraged to be separated by physical dividers [if possible]. Members of a single group can be seated together.
- Minimum of 2 vacant seats equivalent between each person/seat if not from the single group.
- Buffets are allowed with the following restrictions:
- No Self-service
- Must be served by Waiting Staff or served on Guest Tables
- Social distancing guidelines of 2m permitted
- All third-party catering services must ensure to use disposables while serving to guests
- No dance floor permitted
- Performers/Artists able to remove masks during performances only if they can maintain at least 4m physical distancing measure with the audience
- Gifts/giveaways to be thoroughly sanitized on-site
- Guests to refrain from greeting customs that involve physical activity
- Guests not permitted to approach Bride & Groom or performers stage
- Perfume Requirements:
- Only spray-able perfumes permitted
- Must be served by third-party/family members
- Self-service not permitted
As happy as we are about this news, authorities have reiterated the importance of following the strict precautionary measures. All event attendees are advised to keep washing their hands and not to touch their faces.
The UAE has seen less than 400 daily Covid-19 cases since 13th July so it is important as weddings and events resume in Dubai, we respect the regulations to continue reduced numbers.
As well as the mentioned limitations above, we have our own list of setup restrictions. Our team have been preparing for this very moment. We have been working on our hygiene procedures so that every single staff member is fully aware and prepared.
We are SO EXCITED to be back! I’m sure many of you have questions for us. Do not hesitate to reach out and ask! It’s important that you are comfortable with all of the new protocols and we are here to help in any way we can.
See you very soon!
The Couture Events Worldwide team x